Things change rapidly in the WordPress world. The content in this post is more than a year old and may no longer represent best practices.
Use Events Manager If You Need
- BuddyPress Support
- Submit Events
- Group Events
- Personal Events
- Activity Stream
- MultiSite Support
- Google Calendar & iCal Feed / integration
- Add to Google Calendar buttons
- Google Maps Integration
- Guest/Member Event submissions
Don’t Use Events Manager If…
- You need pre-built payment gateways other than PayPal and Authorize.net
- You need a dead simple, no configuration solution
- Just need a calendar (no registration, venues, etc.)
Free vs. Pro
Almost all features are available in the free plugin. The pro version is $75/site or $150/5 sites and provides two payment gateways and a custom payment gateway API, as well as custom event reminders.
Booking & Tickets Management
- Add as many ticket types as you can imagine
- Configure time sensitive “Early Bird” by date
- Coupons and promotions
- Configure limits by ticket type (e.g. allow 10 student tickets at discount)
- Limit tickets per person or purchase
- Payments by PayPal, Authorize.net or Offline (check/cash)
- API for adding other gateways
Sonja’s Custom Recurrence Plugin
Sonja wrote a custom recurrence plugin for Events Manager. The code is in the presentation. You can copy it and add it to your
functions.php file if you want to use it.
Email Sonja at email@example.com.