Meet the Meetup Members
Members of the East Bay WordPress Meetup explain why they love WordPress.
WordPress Meetup Guidelines from the Meetup Organizer Handbook
- WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
- Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
- Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
- Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
Every month the East Bay WordPress Meetup brings together both newbies and experts to talk about everything WordPress, from the features in new releases to favorite themes, plugins, and widgets, to specialized topics like SEO, theme design, customizing WordPress, and WordPress Multi-site.
This meetup is mainly for people who build WordPress sites for a living, though we welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about how to use WordPress. If you’re looking for hands-on help with WordPress, try the weekly WordPress Support Groups at Tech Liminal.
Feel free to suggest an idea for a Meetup, but remember to keep it WordPress-specific. It’s hard enough to keep up with new developments in WordPress; we have to leave the general blogging subjects to the general blogging Meetups.
If you’re an expert on some aspect of WordPress, we’d love to have you speak. Just contact one of the organizers.
If you have a question about WordPress, you can either bring it to the Meetup or post it to the mailing list or message board, and we’ll do our best to help you. There are several people in the group who work as WordPress consultants, but we’ll always let you know ahead of time if a problem is complex enough that we’d have to charge you for solving it.
Please feel free to bring your camera to the Meetup, take photos, and post them here.
Hope to see you at a Meetup soon!